Monday 8 October 2012

Perfect Pair baby shower

When there are people in your life that are so special and you know that they deserve nothing but the best of all things, and their dreams are finally realised, it is such a joyous occasion.
 So when our good friends Cameron and Deb announced, after much anticipation, they were finally pregnant with twin girls, I could not have been any happier, or more excited to help plan a special day to celebrate their impending birth of their baby girls.

I found this adorable 'perfect pair' theme from Polkadot Prints, and Jordan designed the most beautiful invitations and party prints (flags, tags etc). I usually design my own, but was so happy that I ordered from Jordan, I would not have had the time nor the talent, to produce what she did!


So here are the photos from what was such a special day. We hired a beautiful hall with floorboards and a verandah. Deb and Cam were surrounded by 50 of their closest family and friends. It was a unique baby shower, given that it was co-ed and more of an adult celebration than girly games.

I went to the flower markets and bought bunches and bunches of baby's breath (perfect for a baby shower!). I displayed them in tin buckets from Koch and Co.

I also bought inexpensive Hessian from Bunnings and used that as a table runners and to wrap around the thank you gifts and some of the pots, for more of a rustic feel. It was so effective, I will definitely used this again. 
It was a baby shower for twin girls, but the day was all about the parents- to-be, so whilst there was some pink, there was also lots of fresh green as well. After all, they have so many years to come to throw cutesy pink girls parties. I was trying to go for more of a sophisticated shower!


One of my absolute favourite purchases for this event, was this apothecary drinks dispenser from The Little Big Company (my new favourite website). It was meant to be pink lemonade, but someone added a little too much grenadine!

We served lots of pink champagne too!


As usual, I made lots of tissue paper pom poms in pink and green. But I also taught myself how to make fabric poms, which I started making a couple of months out from the event. I was so impressed with how they turned out. They are not as quick or cost effective as tissue paper poms, but much more durable and so pretty. Cut fabric into large circles (hundreds and hundreds of circles!), my advice would be to use a silky fabric, then using a skewer spear the centre of the fabric into a large polystyrene foam ball.
The happy parents-to be!

I used Flavours catering and they did a great fresh BBQ and salad menu.

Instead of baby shower games, I created an 'advice tree', where guests could give 'heard or learned' advice.

  



Love paper straws and vintage milk bottles, perfect for a baby shower also.

I made the cake which was a vanilla sponge, in a green ombre.



The thank you gifts for guests were glass jars with the dry ingredients for chocolate chip cookies and the recipe printed on the back. I wrapped them in hessian and used the 'thank you' tags from polka dot prints.

I had so much fun organising the party and the everyone seemed to enjoy the day too, most importanly Deb and Cam got to enjoy celebrating such a special time in their lives with those around them. I could not have done it, again without the help of my fabulous husband, and Cam was also helpng set up from 8am. Thanks to all. P x

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment