Tuesday 7 February 2012

Kate and Sev's Engagement Party

My friend Kate and her lovely fiance Sev, just came back from living in Hong Kong. 
Here are some snaps of their engagement party which I was fortunate enough to help them with. 
It was a super hot summer Saturday. The theme was 'Summer soiree' and it was held at Kate's parent's beautiful home on the northern beaches for approx 80 guests.

The happy couple

Kate - isn't she gorgeous!

 Welcome everyone!

 We used vintage milk bottles filled with Cider and paper straws and mojitos as welcome drinks. Chalkboards Kate and I made during a 'crafternoon' session were great signage and props.

 Kate went to the flower market the day before the party and bought the most beautiful array of mixed flowers (hydrangeas playing a huge part, yay - my favourite!). Kate, her sister Sarah and I had fun making arrangements in vases, bottles, pails and all kinds of interesting containers to place around the deck and interior of the party.













Kate and Sev are high school sweethearts, so there were frames dotted around the party of their favourite memories. Sweet!












And of course beautiful bunting, lanterns and homemade pom poms (another 'crafternoon' session) in the colour theme of lemon and turquoise! 

The view of the valley


I made these fab food flags from a download on my favourite blog Ruffled (http://ruffledblog.com/)
The food was canapes meets rustic buffet. I ordered some divine rice paper rolls from Miss Chu (are there any other, really?). Kate and Sev's family and friends also cooked up a storm. It was a fabulous fare feast for sure. (I am a bit of a fan of alliteration, obviously)



The dessert buffet - Kate, her Mum, Sev's family and bridesmaid's outdid themselves making these delicious sweets and it was devoured by her amazing friends and family.


 I love my apothecary lolly jar collection and am particularly in love with the lace adhesive tape from emerald and ella (http://emeraldandella.com.au/)

Happily ever after indeed.
 
The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment